Re: Automatic blocker addition proposal: desktop background criterion

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 12:59 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey folks! So, it was suggested at the blocker review meeting on Monday
> that violations of the Basic desktop background criterion:
>
> "The default desktop background must be different from that of the last
> two stable releases."
>
> should be added to the 'automatic blocker' list:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process#Automatic_blockers
>
> this is basically a list of cases where blocker status is so clear-cut
> and obvious that there's no need for us to vote on it, and any
> stakeholder can just invoke the 'automatic blocker' policy and mark a
> bug as 'AcceptedBlocker' if it matches one of the cases in the list.
>
> Does anyone have any objection to adding this? If not, I'll go ahead
> and do it next week. Thanks!

I object to not calling them Captain Obvious blockers instead of
Automatic blockers. But whatevs, not a hill...

(I'm amused imaging that whoever files the bug sets the whiteboard
*and* writes that it's a Captain Obvious blocker bug).

--
Chris Murphy