Re: Update to last minute blocker bugs proposal (Rev:07242019)

On Wed, 2019-08-14 at 13:13 -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:46 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I thought about it and 7 days probably sounds OK, considering it also includes the weekend. I think I wouldn't increase it, but consider decreasing it if people think it's the right way to go.
> >

> 7 is definitely higher than I would have proposed. I'm not opposed to
> it, but I was thinking something closer to 3 days. That would make it,
> in practice, "if it's not up for discussion on the last regular
> blocker review meeting before Go/No-Go, then it doesn't count." The
> only bug that's really made me mad in the years

Wow, let's get into details :) So, go/no-go is on a Thursday. Last
blocker meeting is Monday. So the proposed date in my draft is "the
Thursday before go/no-go". Ben's proposed 3 days would be "the Monday
before go/no-go", same day as the final blocker review meeting.

Once a bug is proposed as a blocker, these are the *minimum* required
things that have to happen if it actually is a blocker:

* At least 3 stakeholder group members need to vote on blocker status
* Someone needs to fix the bug and submit an update (packager, or a
provenpackager)
* Someone needs to run a compose with the fix included
* That compose needs to be tested

If we say 3 days, then we're committing to doing all of that for a
blocker that's proposed the Sunday before the go/no-go - one day before
the final blocker review meeting. Which, I mean...yeah, we have time to
do all that. Juuust barely. :)

I dunno, it's hard to be sure what number is right exactly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey