Re: Requirements and procedure updates for Journal test

The origin story for this proposal is this nasty little bug

I suggest reading the description, and skipping comments 1-11, resuming at comment 12. One modification in the description is that in the latest Rawhides, it's not necessary to add any debugging boot parameters to trigger the bug.

I'm +1 to the proposal. Of course we have dmesg for kernel messages still. But any non-kernel messages, piles of systemd messages, dracut, udev, any early started system services - none of their messages survive this bug. The early boot and startup becomes a black box, all the information is lost because that first journal file is deleted. But only in LiveOS.

And the current criterion only applies post-installation. It doesn't apply to any installation media. The proposal would cause it to apply to both cases.

Chris Murphy