Re: [Xen-devel] Criteria / validation proposal: drop Xen

> On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 09:11 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > It's worth noting that at least part of the justification for the
> > criterion in the first place was that Amazon was using Xen for EC2, but
> > that is no longer the case, most if not all EC2 instance types no
> > longer use Xen.
>
> I don't know where you got that particular piece of information. It
> isn't correct. Most EC2 instance types still use Xen. The vast majority
> of EC2 instances, by volume, are Xen.

Correct, it's only specific types of new hypervisors that use kvm
based, plus new HW like aarch64.

That being said I don't believe testing we can boot on xen is actually
useful these days for the AWS use case, it's likely different enough
that the testing isn't useful, we'd be much better testing that cloud
images actually work on AWS than testing if it boots on xen.

Peter