Re: Requested info for DNF and Auth bugs

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 07:49 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have added the requested information to the bugs as shown below:
>
> Bug 1694782 - Authorization pop up can not be satified or dismissed
>
>  > So basically, the problem is that if you have an admin user with no
>  > password, when an action requiring admin privileges is attempted, you
>  > get this non-satisfiable auth popup?
>
> Yes, that is correct. The action is completed okay, but later after a
> screen timeout and reactivation the pop-up appears.
>
> Bug 1715617 - DNF fails with what appears to be a fails download:
>
>  > That looks like a mirror issue; the mirror you're getting dealt by
>  > mirrormanager is sending you data very slowly. If you adjust the repo
>  > config to point to a different, specific mirror (via baseurl) rather
>  > than using the mirror list, can you still reproduce?
>
> I should note that I haven't had any problems like this with running
> updates and installs on other PCs here running F30 on the same network
> with no adjustments to the repo parameters. Are you saying this might be
> a problem with a local parameter in the Rawhide (F31) drop that has to
> do with mirrors?

No, but the F30 systems might be getting a different mirror from
mirrormanager. There are fewer Rawhide mirrors than stable release
mirrors, IIRC.

> I would like to try this, but I need some help with how to make the
> change. I've never done this before. I need to know how I can identify
> the url for a repo and where to make the change.

Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo (take a backup first just in case).
In the [fedora] section, comment out the line that starts 'metalink'
and uncomment the line that starts 'baseurl', and change the
'download.fedoraproject.org' in that line to 'dl.fedoraproject.org'.
That should work for a quick test.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey