Testing of F30 Workstation Live 0419 drop

In regard to my testing of F30 Workstation Live 0419 drop:

I downloaded the ISO and the check sum passed. The ISO was burned to DVD and the DVD check sum passed. The test system (Lenovo M58p with E8400 processor) was booted to the DVD. The media test ran and passed. Anaconda started and ran normally. For the hard disk, the option of Delete All -> Reclaim Space was selected.

After the install completed the PC was restarted removing the DVD so the PC would boot to the hard disk. I was most happy to see that Gnome started and ran normally. The Firefox icon even appeared in the favorites list.

I ran 16 of the standard test cases, however, the results were not logged with relval because there was no test event for the 0419 drop.

I then started my as deployed testing. Both of my standard configurations worked fine with the exception that RHBZ #1694782 still applies which isn't high priority. There was a note on this list a few days back describing a problem related to having passwords to access printers that seemed like it was related to this bug with the same non-functional pop up window. I encouraged them to file a bug report. In addition, though I had no failure notifications, I noted that sometimes the g.c.c. window panels would misbehave. Sometimes a panel would flicker. Sometimes switching tabs would get stuck and would only switch to the higher level tab and back to the same lower level tab. A closing and reopening G.C.C. worked around this issue.

If I have a chance before the next test event or final release, I will do my usual applications testing.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)