Re: 30 upgrade does not take

On 4/8/19 6:16 PM,   sixpack13 wrote:
some days ago I did:

1.
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh

2.
sudo dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade

3.
sudo dnf system-upgrade download --refresh --releasever=30 --setopt='module_platform_id=platform:f30' --allowerasing

- the above is ONE line with a blank between "=30" and "--setopt" -

4.
sudo dnf system-upgrade reboot

5.
sudo dnf system-upgrade clean

there is NO NEED to rebuild the *old* packages DB nor to verify *old* packages which will be upgraded anyway...

Some trust in Fedora folks shouldn't be wrong !
there are a lot of (cit.;) "proven packager" out there.  :-P

Well, this time it did the updates after rebooting, buttttttttttt
then I got:

          Minimal BASH-link line editing is supported.  For the
          first word, TAB lists possible command completions.
          Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file
          completions

          grub>

Uhhhhh.  Guys!

This install is a qemu-kvm machine.  It is not dear to me.  I
was about to restore its hard drive, but thought I'd ask if
you guys wanted it left alone so I could run some tests on it
for you.

So far, this has not worked to recover:

Legacy/Standard BIOS:

   --> boot off a Xfce Live USB
     --> fire up mount gparted to find the drive's "/" partition
         In the following, this is "presumed" to be /dev/sda3

   $ su
   # mkdir /mnt/root
   # mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/root   (or whatever "/" is mounted)

# /mnt/root/usr/sbin/grub2-install --boot-directory /mnt/root/boot /dev/sda