Re: Problems after upgrade from F29 to F30-beta

There are quite a lot of SELinux AVC denials. I suggest as a starting point:
# restorecon -rv /

Next is this:
Apr 08 11:35:05 daimajin kernel: nvidia: loading out-of-tree module
taints kernel.
Apr 08 11:35:05 daimajin kernel: nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.

Fedora can't support out of tree kernel modules. I suggest removing
the proprietary nvidia driver, and seeing if you can at least boot
with 'nomodeset' boot parameter. Ideally you can boot without it using
the open source nouveau driver. And if neither work well enough, then
you'll need to reinstall whatever the latest nvidia proprietary driver
supporter kernel 5.0.

Apr 08 11:35:09 daimajin gnome-shell[12779]:
g_callable_info_get_n_args: assertion 'info != NULL' failed

That might be related to the graphics driver problem.

There are more gnome-shell issues starting at Apr 08 11:35:25, related
to gnome-shell extensions, and then finally gnom-shell dumps core:

Apr 08 11:35:27 daimajin systemd-coredump[13797]: Process 13431
(gnome-shell) of user 1000 dumped core.

You should be able to do:

$ sudo abrt-cli list

Find the right bug, and file it manually with

$ sudo abrt-cli report /path/to/ccpp

You'll be asked for bugzilla credentials. And there's a tricky
non-obvious part where it will open the bug report in vim for you to
add comments, when you're done with that
ESC
:wq <enter>
And it'll save that temp file, and file the bug. It is also possible
to process the crash with 'coredumpctl' but I usually try abrt-cli
report because it uses (in part) the retrace server) so you don't have
to install all the debug symbols, which is sort of a pain.

Anyway, you've got three things going on and they may or may not
relate to each other, I didn't really dig into it.

a. kernel taint due to proprietary nvidia driver
b. selinux avc denials
c. gnome-shell crashes

You kinda have to fix or mitigate those in order, because gnome-shell
could be crashing due to either a) or b); or even d) which are the
gnome-shell extensions. Maybe the easiest way to test that is to
create a new user on the cli, and attempt to login as that new user. I
think gnome shell extensions are user specific so maybe a new clean
environment will confirm/deny if that's a possible problem.

Chris Murphy