Re: no network after dnf system-upgrade

On 1/5/19 11:07 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
I tried 3 times according to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade,
from F29 configured with fixed IP, using --releasever=30, getting slightly different
results each time, but always with no working network as a result, systemctl
reporting no service network, and ip a reporting eth0 unconfigured. So on this last

You don't want to use NetworkManager?
The initscripts package that contains the "network" initscript is gone in F30. I don't know if it was moved, but it's most likely just gone now.

I tried to chroot from F29. I got in, but attempting to ping generates system error.

What error?  Just that there is no active network interface?

Dmesg produces nothing useful. Journal is empty.

dmesg will only show you the messages from the F29 boot.

Is the following no more valid?:

mount f30 targetpartition /mnt
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
mount -o bind /sys /mnt/sys
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/proc
chroot /mnt

Any suggestions what might generate successful upgrade or a way to repair the
latest? Is it too early to be using --releasever=30?

Use the netinst boot image and use the rescue option. That will mount all the necessary mount points and let you chroot. Install NetworkManager.