F29-armfhp-Xfce-beta so slow compared to F28-armfhp-Xfce

We had a thread earlier about how slow the DE is in the F29 beta and how the an SELinux update made it 'better'.  It did, but...

I am building a F28-armfhp image for my Cubieboard2.  And WOW is it peppier than F29.

Initial Setup:

On F29, the mouse is jumpy and when I finally can get to click on add root password, the Setup screen rolls up like a shade to reveal the password screen.  Same with setting up a user account.

On F28, quick mouse response and I really don't see the shift to reveal the password or user account screens.  The change is that fast.

Also the initial loading of the DE is much faster on F28 than F29. And logging into the actual session and getting the initial workspace setup.  Plus the mouse remains jumpy on F29, but not at all on F28.

This is all on the same Cubieboard2.  Worst. In my F29 testing, I have the image on a HD (Cubies have a native sata interface) and the F28 testing is all on a uSD.

One difference I can note on the images is that F28 has a swap partition whereas F29 does not.  But that F28 swap is on the uSD.

Once I got F29 configured for vncserver, the vnc to Xfce DE has good performance.

I consider the F29-armhfp Xfce DE performance bad to unacceptable.