Re: system-config-date?

On 08/23/18 23:05, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Actually, I typically set my timezone for my destination while in the air so that
> the emails I am writing and will send as soon as I am connected show that I am
> where I said I would be.  So I COULD google before I leave.  I am just comfortable
> using the GUI for this item.

The reason I stopped changing my time zone on my laptop is that in reality the email
app displays all Dates/Times relative to my settings.  Typically, to where I am. And,
like I said, I rely on my phone telling me the time and sounding alarms.

So, even though your message shows a raw Date of Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:05:03 -0400 I
see it as Thu, 23 Aug 2018 23:05 because I'm in Taiwan and have my settings for
Taiwan.  If you move it matters not to me if you change your settings or not.  I will
still see it in the time frame of how I have defined my settings.  (Assuming of
course your settings are accurate)  My reality will be skewed if I move to a
different time zone but don't adjust my settings.  Yet, as displayed in Thunderbird,
things would still be chronologically sorted correctly.

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a fact.