Re: system-config-date?

On 08/23/18 22:09, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:06:18 -0400, you wrote:

>>> Would using timedatectl from the command line be sufficient for you?
>> No.
>>
>> We had this discussion on the Fedora users list.
>>
>> I land in Helsinki, and have to figure out what to put in the command line?
> It's not really a base OS issue, it is functionality that should be
> part of the desktop environment (as it is at least with KDE).

FWIW, as a KDE user I'm not a fan of the changes made in settings since KDE3.  I
recall KDE3 being a bit more flexible when it comes to locale settings.

Anyway, were I to land in Helsinki today I would google "helsinki timezone" learn it
is currently "summer time" there and it is GMT+3.  So, I would do "timedatectl
set-timezone Etc/GMT-3".  I could not find a way to do that in the KDE GUI.  Yet it
does show up in the GUI after I set it in that manner.

--
Conjecture is just a conclusion based on incomplete information. It isn't a fact.