Re: Release criteria proposal: installing / removing software

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 09:56:07AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > "The installed system must be able to install, remove, and update
> > software with the default console tool for the relevant software type
> > (e.g. default console package manager). This includes downloading of
> > packages to be installed/updated."
>
> We already have a thread about exactly this wording problem. :P The
> reason I didn't go for that wording is that it loses the 'appropriate'
> concept, which is important and was specifically included. It appears

Don't we also want appropriate software installed and removed?

"The installed system must be able to appropriately install, remove,
and updates software with ..." ?

That just seems like filler — "appropriate" seems like it's already
understood.

Or do you mean "update, if an update is available"? Or "update to the
latest one"? Or "update and not screw things up"? What _is_
appropriate, anyway?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>