Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 28 Candidate Beta-1.2 Available Now!

On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 12:07 +0000, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> According to the schedule [1], Fedora 28 Candidate Beta-1.2 is now
> available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan

Heads up: this one is kinda DOA, there's no need to test it any
further. We can't reasonably ship it as Beta.

There may be a 1.3 or we may just go with 1.1 (assuming no new blockers
emerge).

1.2 was an attempt to fix some issues in Atomic. It *did* fix them, but
it's also broken in other cases. The changes made were to systemd, and
the changes themselves included a couple of bugs we can't reasonably
accept in the Beta. So 1.2 just isn't a viable candidate.

Please continue testing 1.1 for now, there'll be another announcement
if we do a 1.3. I will revise the 'current' links to point back to 1.1
and add a warning note to the 1.2 pages.

Thanks folks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey