Re: Updates test problem

On Mon, 2018-03-19 at 14:44 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running into a problem when I want to test an update. This
> happens to quite often. Today I happened to try the new Firefox update.
>
> The ways I've tried installing updates for testing are as follows:
>
>      dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install (package name)
>      dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update (package name)
>      dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing upgrade (package name)
>
> When it's something I don't have loaded I use \* at the end to be sure I
> get the dependencies.
>
> The problem is that I often get the result "Dependencies resolved.
> Nothing to do. Complete!, but when I check the currently installed
> package is is an older version.
>
> Today with Firefox I tried all of the above, both with and without the
> \*. All gave the same problem result. Then I did (dnf remove firefox).
> followed by dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install firefox\*. This
> took me back to where I was at the beginning.

This is only going to work if the mirror where you happen to download
the repo metadata from has synced since the update was pushed out.
There seem to be some issues with mirrors syncing ATM, especially EU
mirrors. Kevin Fenzi says he advises patience and thinks might be
caught up better in a few hours.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey