Updates test problem

Hi,

I've been running into a problem when I want to test an update. This happens to quite often. Today I happened to try the new Firefox update.

The ways I've tried installing updates for testing are as follows:

    dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install (package name)
    dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update (package name)
    dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing upgrade (package name)

When it's something I don't have loaded I use \* at the end to be sure I get the dependencies.

The problem is that I often get the result "Dependencies resolved. Nothing to do. Complete!, but when I check the currently installed package is is an older version.

Today with Firefox I tried all of the above, both with and without the \*. All gave the same problem result. Then I did (dnf remove firefox). followed by dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing install firefox\*. This took me back to where I was at the beginning.

I imagine I'm doing something wrong, but I need some help to know what I need to do differently.

    Thanks and Have a Great Day!

        Pat (tablepc)