Re: Newcomer stuck

On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 19:26 +0000, Jesus Bermudez Velazquez wrote:
> I see, I was following that link (taking that post command as starting point) and
>
> https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/blob/master/docs/WritingTests.asciidoc
>
> So, if I wanted to test a basic GNOME shell feature (so I can get used to it), how would I do it?
> I thought that I would need an image for that and run the post command (when I fix it properly though).

That's the right reference...but typically openQA tests run on a
particular compose. So the GNOME tests would run on the Workstation
live image, for instance. The 'install_default_upload' test runs an
install and, if successful, uploads a snapshot of the installed system.
The tests like 'desktop_browser' start *from that snapshot*.

So all you'd have to do is write a test like one of the existing post-
install desktop tests, add it to the templates alongside those (making
sure to follow how they set their variables - POSTINSTALL,
START_AFTER_TEST, BOOTFROM, and HDD_1 - *that's* the magic that makes
this whole 'run after the install test and use the image it created'
approach work), then POST a Workstation live image. Your test should
run alongside the other post-install tests, once the
install_default_upload test completes.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey