Re: Newcomer stuck

On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 17:52 +0000, Jesus Bermudez Velazquez wrote:
> Thank you for replying, Adam. Also, thank you for the explanation as I'm pretty new to openQA.
> I would like to get used to openQA before asking for tasks (if that's ok).

What I was saying is, openQA is only *one* part of what Fedora QA does.
If you're specifically interested in openQA, that's great, but if you
just want to get involved in Fedora QA, there may be easier ways to do
it :) I'm not trying to discourage you from working with openQA, just
don't want you to get frustrated if it's too much to start with.

> At least, I would like to run a single/small test, something like get in GNOME do something, like open Calendar, close it and that's it.
>
> What I understand then, correct me if I'm wrong, I can't do the small test on a
> minimal image itself but on a desktop one? so, I would need more space on disk.

Many of the tests can run without *any* of the base disk images at all,
so don't worry about that.

> Also, post command I used was wrong, is there a place/book where I can take a look about that kind of commands?
> I have checked some doc pages and followed github os-autoinst for openQA.

There's a Fedora example in the upstream docs:

https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/blob/master/docs/GettingStarted.asciidoc#adding-a-new-iso-to-test

note that it uses ISO= and an iso image. That example should still work
 (with the filename and BUILD updated, of course) to make at least some
of the tests run, though there are some additional variables that
should be set for some of the tests these days, I should update the
example...

Oh, also, *right now* almost all tests fail with Rawhide images,
because a recent Rawhide update changed how the installer font looks
and none of the needles match any more :/ I'm just starting on updating
all the needles now.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey