Re: Introduction

On Sat, 2018-03-03 at 08:11 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

[…]
> I suspect most of the people writing Python for Fedora haven't taken
> any classes in it! (I certainly haven't; I'm a proud graduate of the
> University of StackOverflow...)

Sadly there is an awful lot of ancient stuff on StackOverflow that is
worse than useless and counter productive for learning, you have to use
it with great care, especially for initial learning. Also of course a
lot of good stuff is so out of date now it is bad stuff.

Programmers tend not to make enough use of asking for and getting
feedback from experts on the code they write, and of reading code and
sharing views on it with experts.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200