Re: Is the 28 rawhide repo broken?

On Thu, 2018-02-15 at 12:58 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 18:54:43 +0000,
>   George R Goffe <grgoffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I haven't seen updates from the rawhide repo in over a week. Is it that the "freeipa" situation clogging things up?
> > Thanks,
> > George...
>
> There hasn't been a fully successful compose since the 4th.

This is the problem, yes. We've got into a classic situation where a
whole pile of different issues has backed up while composes have been
failing; we fixed the *initial* bug days ago, we're now onto something
like the sixth or seventh.

The initial big change that broke stuff was a new major version of
pykickstart showed up; several other components involved in image
builds turned out to need to be updated against it.

By the time we had that mess unpicked, the mass rebuild had happened
and caused a bunch more fun, and now the inadvertent libevent soname
bump is causing trouble too.

The latest problem we've hit is that qt5-qtwebengine needs rebuilding
for the libevent soname bump, but is failing to build with a pretty
cryptic chromium build problem that also affects the build of the
chromium package (qt5-qtwebengine has its own embedded chromium). I'm
currently trying to debug that, but not getting anywhere terribly fast.
See the failures:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=25045527
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1023240

We may well wind up needing spot to sort this out, but I'm trying...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey