Re: Server downloads

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 03:00:10PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> However, it is in fact correct that the non-modular Server images for
>> F27 aren't really considered a part of the release. They were produced
>> for all nightly and candidate composes, including the final release,
>> but I believe the plan is not to include them in the modified compose
>> that is actually sent out to mirrors as the release, and not to promote
>> them in any way.
>>
>> If you know how to get them from the RC compose you can of course still
>> go ahead and use them...but Modular Server is the only supported Server
>> edition for F27, AIUI.
>
> That's a bit of a pity for those liking to do minimal installs.
> Are there going to be any available net installs that, by default, install
> the standard Fedore repos instead of the modular server ones?
> I would be surprised if I'm the only one who likes to install that way.
> Obviously, there are workarounds, but it would be nice if something similar
> was available by default.
>
> Thanks, as always.

Minimal installs haven't ever been Fedora Server though. But maybe you
want a minimal install and then group install server?

Anyway, with the existing getfedora.org, at the very bottom is and
option, Alternative Downloads. That takes you here:

https://alt.fedoraproject.org/

If you download Everything, it's a netinstaller that includes a
Software Selection option and in there is a minimal install as well as
Fedora Custom OS, and the F27 version has the same interface and
options.

--
Chris Murphy