Re: Server downloads

On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 16:51 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 04:13:27PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> > However, the only repos available are the modular server repos.  In
> > contrast, the other install has the standard fedora repos that were
> > installed, as they've always been, during a standard install.
> >
> > Is there now only going to be a modular server with modular server repos
> > available? This seems a regression to me, but I'm suspecting that I've
> > overlooked something obvious.
>
> And, it seems this may just be on the nightlies page. Looking at
> mirrors.kernel.org in F27-Beta, it seems the normal server netinstall iso
> is available. If that's the case, everything's fine as far as I'm
> concerned.

The nightlies code basically treats non-modular and modular 27 composes
as interchangeable: it'll display whichever came most recently. I could
change this, but I haven't bothered.

However, it is in fact correct that the non-modular Server images for
F27 aren't really considered a part of the release. They were produced
for all nightly and candidate composes, including the final release,
but I believe the plan is not to include them in the modified compose
that is actually sent out to mirrors as the release, and not to promote
them in any way.

If you know how to get them from the RC compose you can of course still
go ahead and use them...but Modular Server is the only supported Server
edition for F27, AIUI.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey