Re: dnf system upgrade, grub2

Chris Murphy composed on 2017-11-11 13:39 (UTC-0700):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Must be more than one problem with grub dependencies. Every one of my
>> (BIOS/MBR-only) F26 to F27 upgrades added grub packages, without any complaints,
>> even though no F26 grub* rpms were installed, needed or wanted. :-(

> That is expected because grub2 is one of the packages found in the
> Fedora Workstation group, and a system upgrade is does distrosync by
> default. One of the upgrade requirements for the various "products" in
> Fedora is that the upgraded system is the same as an installation of
> Fedora Workstation.

Sounds even more broken, as all I did in both is:

	dnf upgrade --releasever=27

That was after attempted versionlocking, but apparently there's no way to lock
out unwanted packages with dnf anything like there is in Debian or Mageia
(unintuitive, manually edited configfile) and openSUSE (simple: zypper al
<packagename>).

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/