Re: Fedora 27 Beta blocker status mail #1

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 14:06 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > wrote:
> > Test coverage
> > -------------
> >
> > Looking at https://www.happyassassin.net/testcase_stats/27/ ,
> > some things jump out...
> >
> > * The Cloud tests appear never to have been run during this cycle.
> > * Most of the Beta desktop tests have never been run on KDE during this
> > cycle.
> > * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_workstation_core_applications
> > has never been run during this cycle.
> > * Our old friend https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_install_to_SAS
> > still isn't sorted out.
> > * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_
> > User_Interface_Basic_Video_Driver has never been run during this cycle.
> > * Neither has https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Kickstart_
> > File_Path_Ks_Cfg .
> > * Many upgrade tests have no results, this is because they constantly fail
> > in
> >   openQA, but not necessarily for release blocking reasons; I will look
> > into
> >   that and update.
> > * The tests for reporting crashes from anaconda haven't been run at all:
> >   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_
> > save_traceback_to_bugzilla
> > * Server test coverage looks bad, but this is mainly because openQA doesn't
> >   report failures and FreeIPA has been broken for the entire F27 cycle.
> >   With a couple more SELinux fixes most of those tests should show up
> >   as passing. We do still need the AD tests run, though.
> >

> We need a fresh set of wiki matrices. Can you please push some magic button?

The next successful compose should be nominated automatically, as it'll
have the new anaconda version. I was expecting 20170911.n.1 to do it,
but it failed due to a network issue :/ With any luck 20170912.n.0 will
complete soon.

For the record, the 'magic button' to create a validation event
manually is still just to use 'relval compose'. But we shouldn't need
it in this case.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey