Re: gcc-7.1.1

On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 20:19 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/18/17 20:09, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 06:02 -0600, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > > I am receiving an error message when trying to install vmware
> > > workstation 12.5.7 in Fedora 26. I have googled a many of sites
> > > addressing this issue and none of them are working.
> >
> > How do you expect anyone to help you if you don't say what the error is
> > or how you tried to fix it?
>
> He posted an html message with an image.

Just noticed that. There are times when an image is justified. This
isn't one of them as it simply shows a text error message. And not
drawing attention to the image by some reference in the body of the
email is to practically guarantee that many people will not look at it
I for one assume that such images are part of a signature unless told
otherwise. My eyes filter them out and I don't even notice they're
there.

> I can't understand why people don't contact the support folks for products not
> released by fedora????   I saw other messages about Vmware not working on F26 and I
> checked out their forums and saw responses like "VMware isn't supported in F26 at
> this time".
>
> I also found this link http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=1939 which could be of help in some
> cases.
>
> There was also a significant amount of Cross Posting.  Can't for the life of me
> understand why someone would email bugzilla at Red Hat with this query.

Indeed. I only saw your reply because I happened to look at the Test
list, which I don't normally check regularly.

poc