Re: Strange situation with Wine on Fedora 27

On 07/12/2017 05:12 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
The x86_64 and i686 build of a package are published at the same time.
If you get a conflict like this, where the version of the two packages
is not the same, you need to examine your installation and the repository
contents to figure out why you don't get the very latest version for both
the x86_64 and i686 packages. It could be due to broken dependencies
somewhere or due to duplicate installed packages.

IMO, we need to stop allowing arch to be specified in dnf by default. Users think they need to add them and get into constant trouble by it. I've closed a handful of bugs against Wine for this reason. A command argument could be added to dnf to allow an arch to be specified.

dnf --enablearchtagbecauseiknowwhatimdoing foo.i686

Yes, I'm being extreme, but it is a pain point for users and to put it bluntly their ignorance gets them into trouble.