Re: Firefox launching at maximize continually

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:21:19 -0600
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/23/2017 08:53 AM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > I am running Fedora 26 Beta and when I launch Firefox web browser,
> > it launches full screen each time even if I unmaximize it, when I
> > relaunch it, it launches at full screen. Is this something that has
> > been incorporated into Fedora 26 or is there another reason for
> > this unusual behaviour. Please advise.

Launch it as usual, unmaximize it, and then close it.  Then fire up an
xterm, and try the command
/usr/bin/firefox
Does it still launch maximized?

If it does, launch it as usual, unmaximize it, and then close it.  Then
fire up an xterm, then try the command,
/usr/bin/firefox -safe-mode
Does it still launch maximized?

If both fail, are there any messages in the xterm that might indicate
why the behavior is occurring?

If none of this works, you should go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
and search for your problem.  If you don't find it, a good idea would
be to open a ticket on their system for it.  It is unlikely that anyone
here is going to be able to diagnose misbehavior in firefox as well as
the developers of firefox can.

It's possible that you are seeing a regression caused in newer versions
of firefox by a fix for another bug.  In software as complex as
firefox, this is hard to avoid and easy to miss.  A report might alert
the developers to the problem and allow them to correct it.