Re: Umask in Fedora 26 ?

Peter Gueckel wrote:

> Gordon Messmer wrote:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F25_bugs#GNOME_Wayland_session_does_not_start_a_login_shell.2C_so_does_not_process_.bash_profile_or_.bashrc_etc.

I had a look... quite an interesting discussion. I need to
take it in in pieces ;-)

I agree that these .bash* files are relics, but there needs to
be a convenient way to set PATH and other environment
variables, umask, and the stuff in bashrc, like aliases and
functions.

Can I put all of this into an Autostart file? I could live
with that. Having separate bash profile and rc files was
always confusing and if I had the wrong stuff in one, then
there would be an error on login, so autostart, if it can hold
these essential definitions would be an improvement.

Any ideas that you've come up with to make this easier and
without unnecessary hacks to preserve archaic system settings?