Re: Umask in Fedora 26 ?

Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Are you talking about ssh or terminal login sessions, or
graphical
> logins under Wayland?

Graphical logins under Kwin on X11. When I ctrl-alt-fx to
another virtual terminal (non-graphical) and log in (I just
tried it this very minute), it works as it is supposed to and
as it always has.

> I suspect the latter, as Wayland sessions don't
> (or didn't) run the shell profile like X11 sessions did.
This was
> reported "fixed" but I wonder if it has returned:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F25_bugs#GNOME_Wayland_session_does_not_start_a_login_shell.2C_so_does_not_process_.bash_profile_or_.bashrc_etc.

That could be it. I will check that out in a bit. If so, then
KDE is now bitten by the same bug.

leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx