Re: Validation test proposal: mediawriter testing table

On Fri, 2017-04-21 at 14:16 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:

> but I don't want the numbers
> to change once it is converted to a standard install matrix, and I'm not
> sure what method relval uses to do so.

just for the record, relval / python-wikitcms per se don't do anything
magic in this regard, it's all done in the wiki templates. you can
(still) create the validation pages correctly by hand, just by using
the correct template invocation. the text that relval actually uses to
create a validation page is just something like this:

{{subst:Validation_results|testtype=Installation|release=26|milestone=Beta|compose=1.1}}

or:

{{subst:Validation_results|testtype=Installation|release=26|milestone=Beta|date=20170420.n.0}}

and thanks to a heavy dose of wiki template magic, that 'seed text' (as
I call it) produces the entire clean validation page. relval's job
(some of which is done in python-wikitcms) is knowing what pages to
create for a given 'validation event', and what to call them, and what
categories they should be in.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey