Kernel 4.9.0-0.rc0.git2.1.fc26 still failing on hub errors

Hi!

Like it's precursor, on my Sabertooth FX990 it keeps halting the boot process with various hub status messages of either --108 or --113: However, the list of those journal entries has become a bit shorter, and I could isolate the bug to the kernel's recognizing some of the numerous USB ports of my board. I've tried out a lot of various alternative settings inside that fucking "UEFI compliant" AMI-BIOS held by ASUS, switching devices off and on again, finally running into the conclusion the main problem is within the USB 3.0 ports, but my card reader connected by USB 2 and showing four devices in BIOS also seems to be part. Be it as ever is, no configuration (including disabling all) could have me get over, so I had to boot the final kernel 4.8 again, and this one works fine with all other recent updates. I should remind you, however, I use to boot the legacy way by bios_grub partitions. So may be, a contemporary UEFI system (!not my one!) might success with the new kernel, but me, I prefer avoiding UEFI mode because I have many a piece of hardware (as first of all there is my PCIe SAS RAID controller Promise SuperTrak EX8760T) individually attached to my machine that seems to lack any adequate entry in that relatively old UEFI NVRAM now. Yet, I think any good Linux kernel should run on legacy mode as well. Good news to report is my graphics adapter R7 260X is fully accepted, and even KDE Plasma continues working excellently on Rawhide.

Never give up, and be the Ancients with ye,

Geri Goetzhaber