Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On 4 October 2016 at 16:51, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Running the update process inside a desktop just gives it all the more
opportunity to crash somehow. If the terminal app crashes, the update
crashes. If the desktop crashes, the update crashes.

I don't want to get in the KDE folks' bad graces, but this likely could
also affect KDE's graphical update system, so I'd advise against using
that for the present too.

Maybe I've just been lucky but I run dnf on a daily basis in a Konsole terminal window (under KDE) and have never seen this kind of problem. I don't use the graphical updater(s).

poc