Re: Fedora 25 not recognizing existing partitions

On Sat, 2016-09-03 at 14:21 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I have tried this with the server net install and the server DVD.I  haven't been following this list that closely, but a cursory look
> at archives doesn't show this problem.
>
> On two laptops when I start to run the install, I choose let me configure
> partitioning. In both cases, I wanted to remove an old Linux installation
> (these laptops are mostly used for testing, so it might be Fedora on xfs,
> some Debian or Ubuntu variant, or Arch, most of those on extfs4.)
>
> The only existing partitions it sees, however, are some UFS FreeBSD
> partitions. It doesn't see any of the existing Linux partitions.
>
> It seems odd that I'd be the only one to run into this, so I'm wondering if
> there is some change I've overlooked.  (Or, quite possibly, missed postings
> on this list about it.)

No, that's not usual, I've done many F25 installs to drives with
existing partitions and they have been detected. (We also have several
openQA tests that do this).

There may be something unusual about the layout of the disks in
question which is causing anaconda/blivet trouble. The contents of
/tmp/storage.log from an install attempt on the affected systems, and
'fdisk' or 'parted' output for the disks, would probably be useful. It
might also be useful to know if earlier Fedoras detect the partitions
correctly. Probably best to put all of that in a bug report. Thanks!