Re: Problems updating to F25 (usdisk2.service restarting regularly and kde file dialogs slow)

On Tue, 2016-08-30 at 18:30 +0100, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have initially reported this problem to fedora kde list but I am
> bringing the issue here since it seems to be more general.
>
> I have updated my laptop to F25 using the dnf plugin,
> the process was smooth and uneventful. I have initially installed kde-live
> from F24 beta and I have been upgrading it since.
>
> All seems to work with some small exceptions that I am reporting here:
>
> Plasma (kde) is slow to show up, as is sddm and any file dialog. If I use e.g.
> LyX and open a file using the menu, File->Open, I will wait several minutes
> before the dialog shows and as soon as it shows the program will work
> normally. This is consistent
>

> Reading the journal I see initially:
>
> Unable to fix SELinux security context of /dev/shm/lldpad.state: Permission
> denied
> Unable to fix SELinux security context of /run/systemd/inaccessible/fifo:
> Permission denied
> Unable to fix SELinux security context of /run/systemd/inaccessible/blk:
> Permission denied
> Unable to fix SELinux security context of /run/systemd/inaccessible/chr:
> Permission denied

We already have reports for all of these, IIRC.

> and later
> systemd[1]: Starting Disk Manager...
> audit[1193]: AVC avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=1193 comm="udisksd"
> name="sr0" dev="devtmpfs"...
> udisksd[1193]: Error probing device: Error opening device file /dev/sr0:
> Permission denied (udisks-error-quark, 0)
> .... (4 more lines)
> udisksd[1193]: udisks daemon version 2.6.2 exiting
> systemd[1]: Started Disk Manager
>
> so udisk2.service is restarted lots of times.
>
> Rebooting with selinux=0 in grub fixes all this issues.
>
> Where (to what component) should I report this?

selinux-policy , but there's actually a procedure for reporting SELinux
denials. You should be able to find an app called 'SELinux
Troubleshooter' in the system menus. Run that, and it should show the
denial(s) there. For each denial you can click 'Troubleshoot' and then
'Report Bug', and it should help you to file a bug report which will
include all the necessary information - and if there's already a
report, it'll direct you to that bug instead of filing a duplicate.

Thanks!