Re: window manager/focus problems

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 09:47:15AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Chuck Anderson <cra@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just upgraded to Fedora 24 and the Gnome window manager sometimes
> > gets stuck such that I can't move windows anymore.  Focus also seems
> > to get stuck in virt-manager/virt-viewer.  Anyone else having this
> > problem?
>
> Maybe. The problem I've had is when I'm in Activities view, where
> application windows are zoomed out and tiled so I can see all of them
> -  I'm using the command key to do this, which I think is the
> "windows" key on some keyboards, I guess sometimes it's called the
> magic key.
>
> Anyway, when I hit that, it usually works but sometimes I can't get
> out of that by clicking with the mouse. Escape key works, but that was
> the only key that worked. Nothing else on the keyboard or mouse click
> did anything.

I'm not experiencing that particular problem.  I just tried hitting
the "windows" key to open the Activities view and was able to exit
using either the "windows" key, a mouse click on a window, a mouse
click on the Activities menu in the upper left, moving the mouse into
the Activities "hot corner", or using the Escape key.