boot F24 in special condition (additional USB disk connected) very slow

Hi,
I saw this sometimes, now I ask this silly question. F24 on USB flash media, addiional external Harddisk connected via a separate USB connection to the laptop. At boot  this embleme, first white, afterwards blue and the Fedora F in it, is very slow. This white embleme takes very long, some minutes before it completes, it took so long that I interrupted the boot. The disk is a used one just buyed from Ebay, 1TB sata, nothing on it, which could cause the boot to slow down so much. Disconnecting the external disk, the boot is fast as usual. Connecting the ext. disk again after boot, all behaves as usual. Is this behaviour at boot ok?
Kind regards