Re: Too fast karma on Bodhi updates

On Mon, 2016-07-11 at 11:22 +0530, Buvanesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi Sayan,
>   I have tested your package and verified it in Fedora 24 release. It works
> fine. Thanks for pushing it to bodhi for testing.  Since there was no test
> case, I just installed it but after careful evaluation, I installed Fedora
> hubs then I tested out the packages.
>

> Thanks,
> Buvanesh Kumar,
> Intern - Labs & capital management,
> Red Hat India/

Hi Buvanesh, thanks for testing! Unfortunately we only have test cases
for a few packages; it is not officially anyone's responsibility to
write and maintain package test cases, so in practice only a few QA
folks (mainly me) have written any so far. For most packages, it's up
to the tester to try and determine what the package actually does and
make sure they have tested at least its basic functions before filing
feedback.

It would be great of course if more people could work on writing test
cases. There's a general guide for writing test cases:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_test_case_creation

and there is also a specific guide for creating package tests, which
covers the special category naming convention which Bodhi uses to find
tests associated with a particular package:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_package_test_plan_creation
--

Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey