Re: [Test-Announce] openQA downtime today

Hi
We need some to explain how to use openQA for me and new member
in a short steps 😀😀

On 5 Jul 2016 10:13 pm, "Adam Williamson" <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks! Just to let you know I'm planning to do some work on the
> production openQA instance today, upgrading it to Fedora 24 and to the
> recent openQA/os-autoinst git snapshots that have been running on
> staging for the last week or so. Last night I figured out the bug which
> had been causing workers to crash sometimes, so I'm pretty sure we're
> in a good enough state for prod now.
>
> It'll go down first for the time it takes to do a system upgrade to
> Fedora 24, then it'll go down again - hopefully briefly - a little
> after that so I can back up the database and do the database upgrade
> carefully to hopefully avoid any issues with that (like we had on
> staging). Then it should be back up and running with the nice UI
> improvements we see on staging. It should be back up comfortably in
> time to test the next Rawhide nightly.
>
> Thanks everyone!

OK, this is all done now and seems to have gone smoothly. Production
openQA (https://openqa.fedoraproject.org ) is now on F24 and recent
openQA code, including the shiny new distro-neutral icon the awesome
Fedora design team made to replace the geeko ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey