Re: I'm totally disturbed if trying to install a new desktop environment in Fedora 24

On 06/15/16 17:53, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 10:37 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

So my (aditional question):

How to understand the line "Installed environment groups:"

reported by "dnf group list" or "dnf grouplist"?

It means the packages for those desktops are installed. I can't tell
you why switchdesk is failing, I've never used it. What is it supposed
to do, given that you can pick your desktop from the login screen.

GDM only presents "Gnome", "Gnome on Wayland" and "Gnome Classic" as desktop choice (this was my choice when installing F24 Workstation"), but KDE (for example) is not given for choice.

So this behaviour seems a little buggy for me!

change what's run by 'startx' without any args?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)