Re: I'm totally disturbed if trying to install a new desktop environment in Fedora 24

On 06/15/16 16:37, Joachim Backes wrote:
I installed Fedora workstation. Later on, the command "dnf group list" reports on my box(beside others):

Installed environment groups:
   KDE Plasma Workspaces
   Xfce Desktop
   LXDE Desktop
   LXQt Desktop
   MATE Desktop

But:

sudo switchdesk 'LXDE Desktop'
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Unknown desktop requested: LXDE

or

sudo switchdesk 'LXDE'
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Unknown desktop requested: LXDE

or

sudo switchdesk kde
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
ERROR: KDE is not installed on your machine! to install KDE, please type
yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

The switchdesk command is a shell script.  Also, the man page suggests that the supported "desktop name" would be (KDE, GNOME, XFce4, FVWM, WINDOWMAKER).  But you could probably verify that by looking at the script.

So, in your example above, you would want to use KDE and not kde.

--
You're Welcome Zachary Quinto