Re: Self-introduction (Viorel Tabara)

On Sun, 2016-05-01 at 20:38 -0600, Viorel Tabara wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm fairly new to Fedora as a community, having joined CommOps about three
> months ago where I mostly helped with wiki gardening and scratched a bit the
> Fedocal surface. Recently I decided to try my hand at a ticket that involves
> Python development which is the area I'd like to strengthen while contributing
> back to the community that shaped my work and personal life. I've been enjoying
> earning a living as a sysadmin and started my Linux journey in the days of
> RedHat 7.2 but only extensively (and exclusively) using it at work  since 2005.
> My home computers have been all happily running Fedora since Lovelock version.
>
> Repetitive tasks are boring...without a computer and I have always tried
> bringing in the automation fun regardless of whether it was about writing docs
> or setting up a server environment. In the past month I've been reading the
> 'test' mailing list and QA wiki and meetbot logs trying to build a base for
> helping out efficiently. I did upgrade my work laptop to F24 Alpha (XFCE) and
> have been just using it normally ever since, but that's about all I can say
> about my testing participation. The responses to the recent applications
> convinced me to apply even if there is much more left to learn about composes,
> wiki pages generation, Bodhi, OpenQA, Taskotron and all other interesting bits.
>
> If QA needs an extra pair of hands I'd be happy to start learning and help out
> although the meetings schedule conflicts with my day job hours so most of the
> time I won't be able to attend -- hopefully that isn't a requirement for being
> part of the group.

We always need more pairs of hands! Thank you for volunteering, and no,
meeting attendance is not required :)

QA is a pretty informal group, we're happy to accept help wherever you
feel most suited/interested - anyone doing anything listed in the
QA/Join page is a valuable QA member :)

Me, tflink, kparal, jskladan, garretraziel etc will be happy to help
you with any questions you have on the tooling stuff. Myself, jskladan
and garretraziel are the main contacts for openQA; tflink, kparal and
jskladan are good people to talk to about taskotron; and all the crazy
wiki stuff and compose validation tooling is mostly my fault ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey