Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 24 Candidate Beta-1.2 Available Now!

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 15:13 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
> it's curious. There seem to be another problem. I have documented it
> in 6 screenshots, my technical English is not so perfect to explain
> the situation clearly in words. The behaviour after installation is
> the same without updates or after dnf update. In screenshot 1 and 2
> You see what happens during completion of installation after the
> first reboot. The entry of the pw is unsuccessful, no connection to
> wifi possible. In screenshots 4,5 and 6 I am using the way via the
> network icon, if I click i.e on the wifi name the situation is the
> same as in screenshots 1 and 2 - no connection to wifi possible. The
> only way to connect is clicking on the "circle with the gear-wheel in
> it", then another window with saying wpa2.... opens, entering in this
> window the pw, connection to wifi is ok. Known problem? Bug?
> Kind regards

If I'm understanding correctly, when you try to set the wifi passphrase
via GNOME Initial Setup (the wizard that pops up on first boot / login)
or directly from the Shell overview, you get a Shell overlay dialog
(like in screenshot 2), and that doesn't work, you don't get connected.
Right? But if you go into nm-connection-editor and enter the passphrase
there - that's where you are in screenshot 6 - it works. Right?

If I've got all that right, I think you should file a bug on GNOME
Shell, and I will see if I can reproduce it here too. Thanks!

CCing desktop@ for info.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey