Re: fedora media writer update?

> The way I understood it, the question to ask yourself is this: what
> happens if I'm running Fedora 23 and I go to getfedora.org to
> download
> Fedora 24 Workstation?
>
> It would seem a bit strange to give me a tarball download, for
> instance. Presumably it should be set up so the download link causes
> the liveusb-creator package (or whatever it gets renamed to) to be
> installed the 'proper' way.
>
> It would also, I guess, be good in this situation to provide some
> information on upgrading, in case that's what I wanted to do.

Ah, I see. I believe the primary target for live-usb-creator is people
who are not using fedora yet (I hear there's still some of those out
there...).

Even with traditional live images on the getfedora page, it is a bit
strange for a Fedora user to go there and download an .iso, isn't it ?
Since downloading the .iso is not really the preferred way to upgrade
your system either...

Starting with F23->F24, we will be offering those users to upgrade
their system in GNOME software.

Maybe the getfedora page could have a

"Already using Fedora and looking for newer stuff ?"

section that talks about how to upgrade your system or how to try a new
Fedora release in a VM or with a usb stick ?