Re: fedora media writer update?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 07:06:11PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> My 2 cents is it should be the primary download for Beta release, and
> if that's not possible then push it to Fedora 25. And also what are

Yeah, I agree. We'll need at least a round of testing like that
*somewhere*, and if not beta, then it's gotta be the next beta.

> the minimum acceptable deliverables? Fedora 22 and 23 probably? How
> many versions of Windows? 7, 8, 10? And then OS X at all? At least
> there's a fallback on OS X, dd exists there.

I think we want it on Windows 7+ and at least the most recent couple of
versions of OS X. But if we don't have one, I don't think that should
be a blocker — we can just offer it where available, right?

For Fedora Workstation, can we kick this over to GNOME Software, or
should it be actually a separate, standalone download? What about with
other spins or non-edition Fedora running GNOME?

> And can the web site deliver the writer binary based on browser
> platform? Is that reliable?

I think it's good enough, as long as we do the "Download the Fedora
media creator for another platform...." thing as well.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>