Re: Rawhide, NVIDIA, Nouveau

On Mon, 2016-02-15 at 11:07 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
> […]
> The only things I can think of are double checking ld.conf? The  xorg
> nvidia driver package that provides the tls library also provides these
> two
> files... Something from them still lurking about?

Looks like there a re still a whole slew of NVIDIA GL libraries. I am delete
anything that isn't owned by a package and then guessing which mesa-?
packages to reinstall to get the non-NOVIDA ones back.

Current problem is /lib64/libGLdispatch.so.0

> $ rpm -ql xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-358.16-1.fc22.x86_64
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nvidia-lib64.conf
> /etc/prelink.conf.d/nvidia-lib64.conf

I was using the NVIDIA download driver, I hadn't realized there were up-to-
date packages for the nvidia driver. Given they are f22 I suspect they
aren't going to work in f24.

> And a WAG to double check your initrd? And make sure all nvidia packages
> are removed?

WAG?  (I suspect not wives and girlfriends. :-)

Once I have got rid of all errant GL files I will remake an initramfs with
dracut.

Thanks for emailing on this, the ideas and pointers are most, most helpful.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip: