Re: Rawhide, NVIDIA, Nouveau

On Mon, 2016-02-15 at 09:24 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
[…]

> Not enough detail to give any specific help, but I would start with
> looking
> through the logs. Reboot to something working, even if it's console only
> and do something like:
>
> # journalctl -b -1
>
> And look through to see if you can find a hint or smoking gun.

I'd forgotten how much I hate journalctl.  35,000 messages in 3 minutes of a
boot!

Anyway, spurred on by your email (sorry for lack of data first time round, I
was frustrated and annoyed, so terse) I sifted the output with grep and
started at the beginning and:

gdm-wayland-session fails due to lack of libnvidia-tls.so.358.16.

Clearly I have missed cleaning up something to do with ld.so or something as
gdm-wayland-session thinks the NVIDIA driver is still installed.

If i try executing Xwayland from a command prompt I get the same message
about libnvidia-tls.so.358.16 not being present.

I have done a search for nvidia in all the files of /etc and nothing obvious
springs out as being associated with ld.so. There are many occurrences in
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts but I cannot imagine that
is associated with ld.so in this problematic way. Or…

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip: