Re: Alpha Criterion Discussion: Desktop Backgrounds

On 08/08/15 03:06, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
[...]
I don't even think the desktop background is all that visible anymore, especially on some desktops (like workstation/gnome). People there tend to use full screen apps and never even see the wallpaper. That also seems like a pretty poor way to tell what release you are running.
I have a 30" monitor and have 35 Virtual Desktops under Mate.

The only time I regularly use a full screen app is for Eclipse IDE. Not all of us have a Microsoft mentality! :-)

It is usually more productive, not to automatically make apps fullscreen.
[...]

Cheers,
Gavin