Re: sizeof - w/ rpmbuild

On 23.06.2015 21:05, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 04:33:29PM +0200, poma wrote:
>>>
>>> It doesn't have something like that as far as I know. Should it?
>>> It seems that if you aren't going to use the debuginfo anyway a better
>>> way to not get it is to not generate it in the first place by not
>>> passing -g in the build FLAGS. Maybe rpm should have an option to do
>>> that automagically for you. Although I would discourage its use. The
>>> debuginfo is really useful normally.
>>
>> There is no real reason not to provide such functionality,
>> that same functionality provided by the kernel's infarctstructure.
>
> I don't know what the kernel does, but can't you do it with rpm by
> filtering out -g from %__global_cflags?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

"Valid values for "option" above include xen, smp, up, pae, kdump, debug and debuginfo. Specifying --without debug strips out some debugging code from the kernels, where specifying --without debuginfo disables the building of the kernel-debuginfo packages."

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel#Build_the_New_Kernel

"filter" out -g from %__global_cflags - how exactly?