Re: Annoying bug in NM1.0.0-8

On 04/19/2015 05:54 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 03:36:11PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Dan Mossor <danofsatx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've noticed something else,also - I can't get F22 to see my wired interface
to compare with wireless to see if I can narrow it down some more. The GUI
applet simply won't activate the interface, and nmcli tells me

"Error: Connection activation failed: Connection 'Home' is not available on
the device enp4s0 at this time."

I'm not having that problem, I can connect to wired but it's not used.
The laptop continues to use wireless unless I turn wireless off, then
it falls back to wired. But this behavior isn't new, as far as I know
it's always worked this (incorrrect) way.

Isn't that a NetworkManager, rather than Fedora, thing?

DISCLAIMER--I usually remove NetworkManager and then, if I have a machine
that uses both wired and wireless, don't set my network to start on boot as
what I want to use changes, depending upon the situation.

NetworkManager has come a long way since the days of randomly resetting your connections. I thought it was fairly solid at the 0.9 release, and use it on just about every system now including my servers. The Cockpit integration with NetworkManager has made it dead easy and nearly failproof, and nmcli is in a powerful tool in it's own right.

However, the usefulness of 1.0 is suspect at this point. I can only get to half of the internet, which is basically useless (IMHO).

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA
Systems Engineer