Re: Annoying bug in NM1.0.0-8

On 04/19/2015 02:21 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Dan Mossor <danofsatx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings, folks.

I and at least one other individual have noticed an annoying bug with
NetworkManager-1.0.0-8.fc22.x86_64 but we aren't sure of the root cause so
we can't legitimately file a BZ on it yet. The issue we're seeing is that
with a fully updated Fedora 22 Beta system, once NM is in operation for a
bit it starts to loose connectivity. Not total connectivity, but partial.

I'm having the same experience, which is sometimes networking works
for some thing some of the time sometimes. Google searches work,
logging in to sites like outlook.com works, but then hangs when email
is to be downloaded or sent. If I reboot the same hardware to OS X the
problems don't happen. If I reboot Fedora 22, it might be fixed for a
short while, or it might misbehave right away. I can't figure out the
pattern.

I've rebooted this machine many, many times due to unrelated kded5 crashes, but the problem has not once gone away since it appeared.

I've noticed something else,also - I can't get F22 to see my wired interface to compare with wireless to see if I can narrow it down some more. The GUI applet simply won't activate the interface, and nmcli tells me

"Error: Connection activation failed: Connection 'Home' is not available on the device enp4s0 at this time."

So, I seem to have a multitude of issues, the core component of which seems to be NetworkManager.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large